Alberta Health Services halts plan to reduce patient food, drinks after pushback | Unpublished
Hello!
Source Feed: The Globe and Mail
Author: Lisa Johnson
Publication Date: April 1, 2025 - 19:37

Alberta Health Services halts plan to reduce patient food, drinks after pushback

April 1, 2025
The head of Alberta Health Services says the agency is halting a proposed food-reduction policy after public outcry over patients potentially being cut off from snacks and drinks.The agency’s interim president and CEO, Andre Tremblay, said the policy was set to go into effect Tuesday to change how food is stored and delivered in an effort to reduce waste – not to deprive patients of food.“We are concerned by the misinterpretation of this proposed policy and are looking into reports that food and drink may not have been available to patients. We remain focused on delivering high-quality care to all Albertans where and when they need it,” Tremblay said in a news release.


Unpublished Newswire

 
New Brunswick's police watchdog says an RCMP officer did not commit a criminal offence when they shot and killed an Indigenous man in Elsipogtog First Nation last year.
April 3, 2025 - 17:00 | Globalnews Digital | Global News - Canada
A Toronto man accused of killing his on-and-off again girlfriend has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on the eve of his trial.
April 3, 2025 - 17:00 | Catherine McDonald | Global News - Ottawa
There were several points at which a University of Victoria student could have been saved before she died of a drug overdose last year, but instead a report says she didn’t get the naloxone or respiratory support needed to survive.The report by former Abbotsford, B.C., police chief Bob Rich looks into the January 2024 overdose death of 18-year-old Sidney McIntyre-Starko, who used street drugs laced with fentanyl with two other students in a university residence.
April 3, 2025 - 16:55 | | The Globe and Mail